Lots of esquirolei

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

Reaction score
Actually this is two pots, but the smaller is still a division of the mother plant.
5 flowers and 1 bud on the big one and 2 open and another opening bud on the division.

That is lots of esquirolei, such huge flowers. One day I will find one of these. Nice growing.

I ordered two of these today......hopefully they turn out as nice as yours........;-)

nice color and shape. how do you grow yours?? I have one that keep sending out new growths instead of flower. Also they grow very slow compare to my charlesworthii. Do you keep it warmer than Paph. hirsutisismum???

wonderlen3000 said:
nice color and shape. how do you grow yours?? I have one that keep sending out new growths instead of flower. Also they grow very slow compare to my charlesworthii. Do you keep it warmer than Paph. hirsutisismum???

Mine stays fairly cool and shady being nearest to the foggers. It probably never gets over 85 in the summer, and maybe in the low 50s on winter nights being next to the north wall of the GH. It gets some good afternoon light, and I use lots of oyster shell in the potting mix. It has always been a fast grower, but the flowering is slow, putting up sheaths in the fall, but not blooming till spring. It probably didn't bloom for the first couple of years I had it, but its really produced allot in the last two years.

Latest posts

Back