lost reference help

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mormodes

Reaction score
I'm looking for the reference/link to a large study done by (Kew?? the UK??) in the past (1-2yrs??) that compared 5 genetic regions of Paph genome. Or that's the way I remember it, and that's the problem.
I've tried googling this in as many ways as I can and can't find the study. So obviously I'm misremembering either the dates, the authors or something. Hence my question marks.
Anyone know the study?
Any help?

Have you tried searching the Kew website, kew.org. I tried a search for "paphiopedilum genome study kew" and got a lot of hits but I don't know exactly what it is you're looking for.

Is this it?

Yap, J.W., 2016. Molecular and Genome Evolution in the Malesian Slipper Orchids (Paphiopedilum section Barbata) (Doctoral dissertation, Queen Mary University of London). (pdf link in here)?

Or this?
Lee, Y.I., Chang, F.C. and Chung, M.C., 2017. Distinct Distribution Patterns of 45S rDNA and 5S rDNA-NTS–Related Repeats Display Diverse Karyotypes in Paphiopedilum. In Orchid Biotechnology III (pp. 23-50).
Vancouver

Thanks Paphluvr and naoki. Neither of these are the paper I was looking for. And Paphluvr I tried using your phrase at kew (like you suggested) and none of the articles (in the 1st 2 pages) were what I was looking for...
Dang, the mind is a terrible thing to waste, LOL!
Well thanks for your help and if I find it I'll let you know.

Phewwwwww, that is some thick readin'!!!!! :eek:

Latest posts

Back