Looking for this book?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What has Harold wrote in his book : " Tropical Slipper Orchids " about him ?

There was a nice section about the markiianum / tigrinum issue :p ( I'm a tigrinum man myself to be honest )

And as far as the book is concerned I can actually say that I own it and I'm happy with it. It's a nice small compact book and it contains a picture of allmost each paph out there. A few in situ pics as well.

The decision to buy this book was purely based on it's contents. I saw no reason to take into account the view that I have of Guido Braem that was created by reading the postings he left on this forum.

I have given the book ( 2 exemplars ) as a gift, I never buy such a book.

There is no question that Braem can be arrogant, rude, condescending, and obnoxious. He has proven that here and on countless other forums. There is also no question that Braem is knowledgeable, articulate, and informative. I have never read a book by him that I didn't like, and for that reason I would love to pick up a copy of that book. I also wish that he would start posting here again. I think he's given our skins enough callouses by now to deal with him.

I agree!

Back