• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Looking for some specific items

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

patrix

I am looking for a few paphs. and phrags. I need to treat myself to a present. Any info. on sources is greatly appreciated

Shin Yi Prince

Ruby Slippers-are they really that fine? is there another really dark red long wiggley leafed one that is better? Is Noirmont a good one?

Mount Toro- a good clean white one

When the chemo hits hard, I can read these posts for hours. I am learning alot and glad to have found this site and it takes my mind off of other things

Hi Patrix!
Oooh, I love to help people shop! :)

I think Ruby Slippers is available from Marilyn LeDoux at Windy Hill Gardens. She doesn't have it listed in her new catalog but I once bought one from her so she may have them, worth asking. Another nice red Phrag with longer petals, is Phrag. Maria Glanz which is besseae x wallisii. Probably my favorite longer petaled red Phrag.
http://www.orchidweb.com/plt_wkLG.asp?PRecno=3010
Noirmont is nice, and there are some really great ones out there, but they don't have very long wiggly petals. Phrag. Bouley Bay also has nice length, but I prefer Maria Glanz, personally.

Shin Yi Prince you should be able to find pretty easily. I think Parkside has them. I will look around a little more...

A nice white Mount Toro? Please let me know if you find one. I have had a difficult time locating one that is more stonei influenced rather than philippinenese.

I'm really glad to hear that you are enjoying it here. I think our plant habits can be very theraputic. Take care, if I find Shin Yi Prince, or other Marias, I'll post again.

patrix said:
I am looking for a few paphs. and phrags. I need to treat myself to a present. Any info. on sources is greatly appreciated

Shin Yi Prince

Ruby Slippers-are they really that fine? is there another really dark red long wiggley leafed one that is better? Is Noirmont a good one?

Mount Toro- a good clean white one

When the chemo hits hard, I can read these posts for hours. I am learning alot and glad to have found this site and it takes my mind off of other things

I must have missed a post somewhere. Patrix, are you in chemotherapy? If so, I hope it is going well for you. That can be tough. I'm glad orchids can lift your spirits.

I've heard that Ruby Slippers is a particularly difficult Phrag to grow. Has anyone else heard that?

I have heard that too, Heather told me about Maria Glanz and I did a search-looks very cool

okay, Parkside has two sizes of Shin Yi Prince available:

Paph. Shin-Yi Prince (Prince Edward of York x sanderianum)
8-10 inch leaf span plant in 4.5 inch pot, $40, 14-16 inch leaf span platn in 5 inch pot, $55. Check the size and click on "Add to Shopping Cart".

http://parksideorchids.com/paph_multiflorals.htm

Still hunting around for ya....:)

Orchid Inn has 10-14 cm and 16-20 cm Shin-Yi Price available (listed as Paph. Prince Edward of York 'Gold King' AM/AOS x sanderianum 'Dark Spider'). They also have 20-24cm and 26-30cm Mount Toro albums available.

Sam sells great plants and always uses the highest quality parents. He also may have larger sizes available if you e-mail him. He's got a lot of plants that he hasn't yet listed on his site. OI's website is:
http://www.orchidinnusa.com/

--Stephen

I have seedlings of Ruby Slippers and yes they can be hard to grow,depends on the year for me.
I have 3 Firestorms in spike at the moment

way cool and exactly what I am looking for. I just treated myself to an ebay special from a vendor I have had excellent results from. He offered 10 previously bloomed phrags with second growths for 120.00 He only posted pictures of 4 blooms and 3 plants (all of my previous orders have been very satisfactory) one of them approaches Firestorm by appearance. They will arrive tagged but he refused to tell me what they all were. I can't wait, I will look for Firestorm but lets ask Phrag Guy where he got his from?

I saw the same posts on eBay but I'm looking for specific plants, i.e. I dont have the room for those plants. Please let us know what you got and send photos.

Back