• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Looking for Phrags.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goods

Reaction score
I was hoping to find a few more offered in this year's auction, but it doesn't look like that will be the case. Anyhow, I'm looking for relatively easy to grow Phrags. My preference would be for species, but as long as they are able to handle our heat, grow and bloom well, and like it wet, I'm interested.

Woops! Just realized this should be in the wanted section. I guess it's always best not to post new threads at 2 AM after a long night of studying :eek:

Done! That's OK, did you see my 3 #20's on the new auction postings? Yeah ... I finished screwing that up by 2am!

They all like it wet.

I'm in Tennessee but have decent temp control in my GH to keep it under 90.

How hot are you woried about?

I could get you a piece of pearcei pretty easy.

Thanks Rose!

Rick, I'll be growing them outdoors, so mid-90s are pretty common for us in the summer. I grow Phrag. Sorcerer's Apprentice just fine. I spray it down around midday to help cool the leaves, and it just keeps growing. The only reason I specified warmth tolerance is because I doubt things like besseae, schlimii, kovachii, etc. would enjoy it here.

I'd love a piece of pearcei!

Hello. I have a Jason Pierce that has two growths and is doing very well. I paid 35.00 for it and that would be all I would ask. I know it is a Bessea hybrid, however I don't know enough to tell you if it would be good for your conditions. Dawn

FWIW, my besseae (only phrag I grow) made the transition to GA heat without apparent stress. When it was hot (95-100 F) last summer I kept it shady and extra-wet, though if it gets above 100 this summer I'll probably bring it inside. Currently in pro-mix and a plastic pot, on the next repot it'll go into either S/H or maybe a 'cool pot' from Orchid Gallery.

Nat, I grow besseae here but it's small enough to keep under lights next to the frogs. I grow it on a Hygrolon/Epiweb slab sitting in a glass of water. I've been told it may do well outdoors, but I don't really want to risk it since it's currently doing ok.

Latest posts

Back