• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

looking for compots of various orchid

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
... species and/or hybrids, nothing really rare or spectacular, for our orchid society compotting clinic which will be held either february or march 2013 (probably march). plants would be shipped to us likely a few weeks or so before our meeting in 2013, and in a styrofoam box (or well-insulated and with heat packs), overnight would be best. we have about 25 members who show up for any particular meeting, so we would be looking for probably three or four different things/genera. we don't have to acquire all seedlings from the same source, so if you have one thing, we can work out a deal

this more accurately would be called a 'de-compotting clinic', as we will be taking seedlings out of compots, and potting them up into individual pots. so, compots of around 30 plants, or a few of 10 or 15 plants (same type), would be great! since this is for an orchid society, we are looking for rather inexpensive plants. average reasonable pricing is best. it would also be better if these were plants that have been out of flask for a little while, and toughened/sized up a bit

you can contact me here through this thread or pm, and we can exchange emails for further details.

thanks!
charles (ufford)
exiting program chair cnyos orchid society

I know Fox Valley Orchids had some Paph. liemianum compots on their website at least 20 in a pot for a very reasonable price.

Actually, the Paph. liemianums listed on our website are available in flask, not in compots. We will be offering compots of Paph. liemianum late next spring, along with Paph. venustum, appletonianum v hainanense, druryi and venustum v album as well as several complex crosses....

Last edited:
Actually, the Paph. liemianums listed on our website are available in flask, not in compots. We will be offering compots of Paph. liemianum late next spring, along with Paph. venustum, appletonianum v hainanense, druryi and venustum v album as well as several complex crosses....
Oops, I guess I got P. liemianum and P. appletonianum mixed up with P. sukhakulii. I may have to get a flask or compot of P. liemianum.

Latest posts

Back