• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Looking for a few paphs

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marco

Slipperless member
Reaction score
paph. parishii
paph. tigrinum
paph. henrietta fujiwara
paph. frank booth

I'm not hurting for any of these really bad, well not yet at least.I am kinda kicking myself in the butt for not getting in line when Heather offered hers(parishii + tig).

But anyway, if any of you come across any of these that are decent sized and don't cost an arm and a leg (parishii + tig) or know of anyone unloading please do tell. I know OL has parishii but I never got around to shooting em over an email to ask how big they are.

Heather said:
Yeah, I've got a sweet P. wallisii for you Marcus

I think you have the wrong person :poke:. But yeah I would love one but that thing is just to monstrous for me. I'm having problems with my temptation right now cause its so big. no pun intended im talking about the paph.

tony - thanks im gonna have to take a look into that :)

The only problem with the Henrietta Fujiwaras from C & H, is they are tiny. Most of my paphs from C&H have taken two plus years to bloom... :( And then my Winston Churchill x Spokane bloomed about tan and not red with spots! They refused to discuss it with me.

TADD said:
The only problem with the Henrietta Fujiwaras from C & H, is they are tiny. Most of my paphs from C&H have taken two plus years to bloom... :( And then my Winston Churchill x Spokane bloomed about tan and not red with spots! They refused to discuss it with me.

It's not unusual for complex hybrids to have quite a range of colors and shapes. I would expect mostly red shades from that cross, but some tans will show up, and it can range from lots of spots to not much. Shape will range from great to crappy.

if you ever find a nice parishii please do let me know. I've been looking for one for years (that doesn't cost a firstborn and a kidney).

Our parishii are about a 4 to 5" leaf span for the $40 size, and 8" leaf span for the $60 size, which is much cheaper than a kidney :).

I've been told by many customers that we have the largest available for sale, or we are the only people who have them for sale. I don't bother to search for things we already have so I'm not sure if anybody else has these or not, but I can say with confidence that they are nice looking plants.

I'd say they are still 1 to 2 years from blooming size, parishii is a slow grower.

We have around 15 left, and I'm out of all the double growths.

Hope this helps!

http://www.orchidweb.com/cat_dtl.asp?P_Recno=3597&f_pagenumber=1&tpn=1

alright you got me! im gonna order on monday once I step into work. i forgot my wallet at my desk on friday :eek: im such an anus. Ok im gonna go romp on the OL site now

update -

paph. tigrinum
paph. frank booth

Got a sweet parishii from OL. Thanks Jason :)

Someone made a deal with me on the henrietta. Unfortunately, It's a deal I think I'm going to fail miserably :sob:

Latest posts

Back