• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Looking fo book

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Darin

Anyone have an extra copy of Descriptive Terminology for the Orchid Judge? I'd like to get a copy if you know where one is available.

Darin said:
Anyone have an extra copy of Descriptive Terminology for the Orchid Judge? I'd like to get a copy if you know where one is available.

I don't have an extra copy, but they used to be available through the AOS store. That is where I got mine. Although I just heard that AOS is getting out of the book business and doing everything through Amazon.com

littlefrog said:
I don't have an extra copy, but they used to be available through the AOS store. That is where I got mine. Although I just heard that AOS is getting out of the book business and doing everything through Amazon.com

It's true. I just got this notice, originally sent by Rosalie Dixler, the AOS rep:

"I want to bring you all up-to-date on some great changes at the AOS which affect how you buy your orchid books. With the full support of the volunteer leadership the AOS is out of the book business! They cannot compete with Amazon so they've joined forces with them and you can now get your books more quickly and more cheaply. And it's a win-win situation for all because the AOS will get a small percentage of all sales that go through their website.

Here's how you do it. Go to the AOS homepage at www.aos.org, click on "Shop AOS" at the top of the page. Go to "Orchid and Horticultural Books" on the left side of the page and click on it, then go to "Orchid Books". You will see a display of all the books that Amazon has available. They have many more books than the AOS could stock and they're cheaper too.

The next time you need a new orchid book give this a try."

Back