Local orchids...!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

biothanasis

These were found at the outskirts of my parents town. Enjoy...!

Ophrys oestifera subsp bremifera (or O. oestifera var minutula)
ophrys.jpg

Ophrys mammosa (the first might have something of O. aesculapii in it...)
mam9.jpg

mam11.jpg

Ophrys phryganae
sicula10.jpg

sicula.jpg

sicula4.jpg

Ophrys sicula
sicula18.jpg

Ophrys attica
ophrysattica.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
and these...

and some more....

Orchis italica
orchisitalica5.jpg

orchisitalica21.jpg

orchisitalica26.jpg

orchisitalica28.jpg

Serapias vomeracea
Serapiasvomeracea2.jpg

Serapias lingua
Serapiaslingua13.jpg

Serapiaslingua14.jpg

Serapiaslingua15.jpg

Serapiaslingua24.jpg

Serapias bergonii
Serapiasbergonii.jpg

A bunch of Serapias
sertopio5.jpg

Here you can see the stems of Himantogossum robertianum were the flowers have faded and the seed capsules have swollen.
P4050237.jpg

How many plants of "Ophrys phryganae" like plants can you find in here? (I say this because they are kind of difficult to detect...)
sicula8.jpg

The orchis are so cool. Like little people with big Easter bonnets. Even if they do have ......ya know......

Wow, what a splendid view into your world!! I love the O. italica especially - not only do they look like little men, the even have ding-dongs :rollhappy: how funny is that!

Thanks for posting these.

Tom, You made me go back and take a second look...I sure didn't see that the first time but now that you pointed that out :rollhappy::rollhappy:

Biothanasis,
I have always wanted to visit Greece , now even more so !!! :clap::clap:
Thank you for sharing these, and by the way ,how did you get the spider to pose in the 3rd picture ??:poke:

The orchis are so cool. Like little people with big Easter bonnets. Even if they do have ......ya know......

they're monkeys... with a tail! (somepeoplegofigure) :rolleyes:

I'm very jealous of all those natives in flower! very nice pictures. our first ones won't be out until maybe may 10th, and even then though nice not many look that nice

Gilda I saw her on the flower and I quickly took the picture before she moves....! ;) She was too slow for me...hehehehehe!

Charles, imagine that these have started flowering approximatelly one month earlier than last year...!

Latest posts

Back