Live sphagnum moss.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phraggy

Reaction score
Put this plant into live moss in a semi-clear pot around 4 months ago. It was almost rootless but now --- well just look at the pic. Over the moon!! Thanks to Lance Birk for the inspiration.

Ed

And how do we keep them alive inside the pot. I see moss on top but buried under?

Hi gego. I spray the top lightly every day and if you think that it's becoming too dry lower down you can always repot in the same compost and rewet. The plant wont mind being disturbed. The semi clear pot allows the sphagnum to receive light- it will not stay live in the dark.

Ed

Nice rescue Ed.
I hope the same thing is starting on my rootless Chui Hua. Currently in a mix of live sphag (got mine off Amazon, Migrant, its alive but only just!) and some (more alive) moss from the garden, plus a small amount of bark/pellets. Like all my plants, I've got it over a humidity tray, which is over a vivarium heat mat. It generates great humidity inside the pots, which has so far promoted lots of new root growth on the other plants, so I'm hoping for the same. I dont know if it will have any effect, but I also painted a little rooting solution on the plant base before potting and mixed a tiny bit with pure water when giving it a first wetting. Hope to have some similar good news pics down the line....

Back