Live from Tokyo

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theorchidzone

Reaction score
I posted a large number of pictures from the Tokyo Dome JGP show. See link at bottom.

As usual some amazing stuff.
They are in no particular order as I was rushing around to avoid the enormous crowds just as it was opening for the day. Once the crowds arrive, it is difficult to walk around, let alone take decent pictures.

Would love to hear which plants caught people's eye.

OZ did not enter any plants but quite a number were brought from OZ a couple weeks before the show and shipped to Japan.

Amazingly the larger Martian Emperor travelled to SB for Paph Guild, was brought back to OZ, sold, shipped to Japan and voila! Oh and also some magic flattening in Japan.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1086435591407165.1073741867.647992741918121&type=3

JC

Wow, great plants overall. Paph. Brain Buster, that Fumi's Delight, the tray of Catt's, and any of the amazing Lycaste's struck me in particular. They sure do have some excellent growers in JP.

The size and variety of Neos caught my eye. However,
since I didn't see any Phrags., I was just a bit disappointed
with the show.

I agree that the armeniacum might be a good investment.

I hoped you would post some pics from Tokyo here and voila - here they are! Thanks so much for sharing!
I especially like the Emerald Lake 'Green Star', the Shirikane 'Ohyamazaki' and the Ruby Track. But my favorite is the one of your first pic: Brian Buster 'East River'. Dark color, round shape and bold spots - great!

Back