Liquidation Sale

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John M

Orchid Addict
Reaction score
I'm liquidating my plant stock and I'm starting by selling off my Vandas at "less than cost". Most are Vanda Sansai Blue, 3n. These are easy growers and easy bloomers, producing sprays of up to nine 4 - 5 inch flowers! They are being offered as "buyer's choice" at just $10 each. They should begin spiking in February; or, sooner if December and/or January are sunny.

Minimum purchase is 10 plants ($100). On site sales strictly by appointment. Contact me at [email protected] to arrange a day/time. The greenhouse will not be open for "walk in" sales. Bring your own boxes and bags. I will not be providing carrying trays or wrapping. Vehicles up to the size of a cargo van are able to drive right up to the greenhouse door. Plants are in 6" clay pots; but, bare-root shipping is possible within Canada, via FedEx overnight with "hold at depot" service to avoid cold damage. Packing and shipping is extra....at cost.

Thanks!

John Marcotte

Vanda%20Sansai%20Blue%20sample%20plant.jpg

100_6642-2%20Vandas.JPG

Yes; just the Vandas for now. When some bench space has been cleared, I'll have room to work on sorting through everything else and getting them organized, cleaned up, and priced, etc.

Okay, thank you. That price is outstanding, but I don't know if I can handle ten Vanda's right now. Argh, so tempted though!!!

Just trying to raise cash quickly to pay bills. My income has taken a huge hit lately due to my health issues. Simply put: I ran out of money. Starting with the Vandas and not sure where it will end.

You can help, Dot. Many OSFers helped John when he had the Big Freeze.
Of course, I couldn't send plants, but a check large or small is appreciated
when life gives us a bummer.

John, do you have a PayPal account? I still have your mailing address
somewhere. Is the address the same? Are you doing better now? How
about Charlie and Oscar?

No paypal account, Angela. Although, it doesn't matter really because I don't think this event in my life deserves the kind of outpouring of support like was so generously given to me after the sudden freeze 5 1/2 years ago. The freeze was a sudden and unexpected calamity.....a real shock and tragedy. I was numb, like the way I imagine people feel who've been hit by a tornado. My current situation has been a long time in coming. I had hoped it wouldn't come to this and that a major sell off and partial or complete shutdown would not be necessary; but, I'm not surprised. Sometimes in life, you just get unlucky.....things simply don't work out for the best, even though initially at least, odds were pretty good they would. Failure and disappointment is part of life. I should probably just accept that and let fate run it's course. I do appreciate the sentiment though and the kind words and good wishes from everyone for things to turn out better than I expect at this point.

Oh, John, I am really sorry to hear about the reason for this sale. One of my favourite quotes is from a John Lennon song that says "life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans". Hang in there.

Thanks very much. That quote hits the nail on the head. I have been making plans for many years to take my life in one direction; but, "life" has a different idea and I get yanked off track. I have a friend who said a little while ago that if it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all! I'd like to say that she was "full of it"; but actually, that just about sums it up!

Are you doing better now? How
about Charlie and Oscar?
Angela, I just realized that I didn't answer these questions. Sorry. Yes, I am doing better; but, it's been VERY slow going. The post-surgery infections have hung on and made me very, very tired. However, I am improving and eventually, I'll be fine. The problem of course it all the unproductive down time. Self-employment means if you don't work, you dont' get paid!

Charlie and Oscar are my rocks. They need me; so, it helps me to get out of bed on days that I'm in the dumps. Plus, they are great companions and I do get a lot of comfort from having them in my life.

Update:

It seems that a lot of people are not interested in acquiring 10 plants, even at a terrific price of just $10 each. I had assumed that people would go together and buy 10 plants to share amonst themselves. However, it seems that I did not get that right.

So, I'm adjusting my offer. The 10 Vandas for $100 still is being offered. However, I am also offering from 1 to 9 plants at the wholesale price of just $30 each. So, if you just want one Vanda, you can still get it at half off and you don't need to buy more than one to get the deal.

Plus, as mentioned in another thread, the greenhouse is now open for browsing.........by appointment. Just e-mail me at [email protected] and we can arrange a mutually suitable day/time. The greenhouse will not be opened for people who drop in without previously making an appointment; no exceptions.

'Just putting it out there:

I'm looking for a lender who can provide me with a small business loan to get me back on my feet, post surgery. If you're interested and think you can help, please contact me a.s.a.p. Thanks! :)

I can't lend you money but I am curious whether its possible to some how export the Vandas to the US. As I recall many of us on this side of the border were very interested but unable to take part in the offer.

John, have you extended this offer to those in our local societies? I would be happy to pass along the offer to a few members I speak with frequently -I know several who grow Vandas, but I will only do this with your permission.

Latest posts

Back