Linus Cyps

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

KyushuCalanthe

Just call me Tom
Reaction score
Kyushu, Japan; warm temperate/subtropical climate
Looks like you are doing well with these in your "hot" climate. I agree that looks like Sabine 'alba'.

That is a properly grown C. yatabeanum as well... but no web presence? A little search came up with a couple links (no website), a phone number, address and hours: https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=Benedict's+Nursery+Nappanee Looks like a really cool place to visit, and not where you would imagine finding a nursery specializing in alpines.

Reaction score
I agree Sabine album. In mine the flowers are also somewhat different in shape from typical Sabine

Best,
Ron

Reaction score
Nice. I especially like Chauncey. Looks like a pure parviflorum but I bet it is more forgiving about growing conditions.
I like Chauncey but I find it less forgiving than parviflorum, same for Emil. I have a would-be display of parvi's, pubescens, makasin's, and some of the really nice yellow hybrids like these two - the species clump fast and expand while the hybrids very slowly expand.

PeteM

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Cyp season begins. Cyp. formosanum & L. vernus 'Katrink Hull'. (Looks like last week’s frost caused a few blasted buds.)
Those leaves look wild, like you trimmed them. What are those other flowers, remind me of Virginia blue bells, especially this time of year.

Linus_Cello

Reaction score
Those leaves look wild, like you trimmed them. What are those other flowers, remind me of Virginia blue bells, especially this time of year.
Lathyrus vernus ‘Katrink Hull’

Latest posts