link to photos of Paph micranthum in situ

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smartie2000

Reaction score
I cannot read. but I really liked these in situ photos from this March, and perhaps the slippertalkers would too.

Paphiopedilum micranthum = hard leafed pocket orchid. Growing on limestone cliffs, with lots of moss and leaf debris:

http://www.orchidata.com/read.php?tid=18283

and google translator is silly...It will translate beautiful (mei 美) as United States. Haha:rollhappy:

Fren, I went to Yunnan several days ago and take a lot of pictures of orchids in situ,except Paphiopedilum. Paphiopedilum micranthum distribute in alt.1000-1500m.
The altitude of the place I went is more than 1800m.

LOL :D:D:D

It's interesting to see these plants growing so well in situ. Would be nice to see it one day personally!
Best regards from Germany, rudolf

LOL...cut and paste. My only method of typing characters:p I am more or less illiterate:( I think I say funny things by accident if I post on that forum (and I wouldn't know better).

Don't worry, I am not too hollow of a bamboo (haha) compared to some of the other Canadians and Americans:D Too bad Cantonese is widespread around the world, but the national language of Chinese is Mandrin. I speak standard Cantonese better than the average Canadian born, but that won't help me in Yunnan I think

Fren, I went to Yunnan several days ago and take a lot of pictures of orchids in situ,except Paphiopedilum. Paphiopedilum micranthum distribute in alt.1000-1500m.
The altitude of the place I went is more than 1800m.

You went to areas that get even colder than where micranthum is then. What did you see? A lot of dendrobiums?

I have a question. What altitude is dendrobium loddigesii located? I think it is found in Guangdong, which is very hot. Maybe it doesn't need a cool rest...I cannot bloom mine!

Very cool!

I have Averyanovs book for Vietnamese slippers with some similar looking habitat in that book.

Actually it looks a lot like the limestone areas near my house in TN. I saw what looks like a Bletia growing next to the micranthum, which I have growing out in my front yard. I almost wonder how well micranthum would hold up outside in TN.

Thanks, Fren. It's just amazing to see these things some of us find so hard to grow, growing so well under Mother Nature's hand.

LOL...cut and paste. My only method of typing characters:p I am more or less illiterate:( I think I say funny things by accident if I post on that forum (and I wouldn't know better).
I must admit Eric took these few words out of the context. In combination with his response it made me really laugh. I think you understood this kind of humor!
Don't worry, I am not too hollow of a bamboo (haha) compared to some of the other Canadians and Americans:D Too bad Cantonese is widespread around the world, but the national language of Chinese is Mandrin. I speak standard Cantonese better than the average Canadian born, but that won't help me in Yunnan I think
I admire every person who speaks a second language - me included! :D
I think it must be very difficult to learn each and every Chinese or Japanese dialekt. Therefore I never tried it although learning Mandarin seems to be en vouge at the moment.
I'm glad to speak and write English far away from beeing perfect or able to speak it fluently.
Best regards from Germany, rudolf

Latest posts

Back