Light

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

Karp60

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am struggling a bit with adjusting the right amount of shading, is there a device that could measure the amount of light in lux? Thanks.

Lucienne

Reaction score
You can use a smartphone app, although some say it's inaccurate. However, I am inclined to believe his testimony and do not strive for filigree accuracy in this.

eds

Reaction score
I've used a smartphone app (called Lux) and it seems to be fairly useful at comparing light levels even if the actual measurements aren't really accurate (I have no trusted device to compare them too).

Karp60

Reaction score
I've used a smartphone app (called Lux) and it seems to be fairly useful at comparing light levels even if the actual measurements aren't really accurate (I have no trusted device to compare them too).
Thanks

Karp60

Reaction score
Thanks

Karp60

Reaction score
what is the problem?
Well I would like to create optimal conditions and I am not sure if 75%shadecloth is either too much or just right. I have recently moved from Tassie to NE Victoria and my greenhouse down in Tas was in a bit different position, we had mature trees providing some natural shade, here it is more open and I also have 10 mm polycarb greenhouse which I did not have in Tas.