light meters

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Mrs. Paph

Any recommendations for picking out a light meter? It's past time I knew what light levels I'm getting out my lights. I'll be moving this summer too, and I'm going to take the opportunity to upgrade and expand my growing light shelf to probably multiple, adjustable shelves that I can set up at different light levels. I don't want to end up with something cheap and crummy, but I'm a college student on a budget, so if someone can recommend an economical one that they feel confident is acurate that'd be great!
~Miss Paph

What meter would be best for measuring light output from HID units? I'm under the impression that a lot of light meters are reasonably accurate for daylight readings but relatively inaccurate for artificial light readings.

Good point in that last post, I'm using full spectrum flourescents, if that changes anyone's thoughts on the subject. They're just enough to bloom my Addicted Phillip once every two years (what I'd guess to be one of my higher light plants), but I'd love to know How much light it is, so I can get more lights/per shelf, move plants higher/lower, that sort of thing.

Latest posts

Back