Liberty Taiwan

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never seen this hybrid before but I must say it is a beauty! How much micranthum in the blood?

Thanks. It is a great combo! I hope the flower is big and a bit long-lasting as well.

Story I heard is that the first LTs were made with huge & sometimes so-so shape hangianums; more recent ones are made with better shape but smaller hangianums.

My acquisitions bear this out: early flasks had flowers up to 15cm-18cm; more recent plants have had 10cm-12cm flowers

YMMV!

Absolutely gorgeous - must have had some very well coloured parents! :p

I would guess, though, with that name it might run into trouble, if ever wanting to enter mainland China! 😉

(Beside Paph. Ho Chi Minh, by the way, I think, this is the only orchid with a clearly political name, that I can recall - well, that is of course, if you don't count the orchids named in honour of Her Majesty, the Queen of England and Empress of India!)

Absolutely gorgeous - must have had some very well coloured parents! :p

I would guess, though, with that name it might run into trouble, if ever wanting to enter mainland China! 😉

(Beside Paph. Ho Chi Minh, by the way, I think, this is the only orchid with a clearly political name, that I can recall - well, that is of course, if you don't count the orchids named in honour of Her Majesty, the Queen of England and Empress of India!)
These are the parents. The flask was from Hung Sheng.Paph. hangianum 'Bear-169'.JPGPaph. micranthum 'Bear-45'.JPG

Latest posts

Back