Leucochilum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are lovely flowers, well grown plants and extremely fast growers when I think of 1.5 years from deflasking to flower. Congrats 👍
But sorry to be the killjoy, not all are P. godefroyae var. leucochilum in the strict sense. Leucochilum means 'clearly white pouch' without any red spots on it.
But this doesn't matter anything. I for myself enjoy all these flowers if they are P. godefroyae or P. godefroyae var. leucochilum.

A bunch of first flowering from Taiwanese flask.View attachment 25121.....

extremely beautiful . Some of your flowers are even better than the FCC Leucochilum/godefroyae from Krull Smith in the past . Obviously this cross is outstanding as other recent crosses , I wonder whether YY acquired any of the parent stud plants from Thai's breeders. One of the famous ones comes to mind is the famous Joe . By the way this species is my favorite paph as well. I currently have 38 leucochilum and godefroyae in collection, if I have to keep just a few plants, they definitely a must .

Attachments

• JOE001.jpg
    JOE001.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 18
I made a sib cross of my black leucochilums last year and they are just sprouting in the lab. I hope they bloom 2 years out of flasks too!! Any secret?

These are lovely flowers, well grown plants and extremely fast growers when I think of 1.5 years from deflasking to flower. Congrats 👍
But sorry to be the killjoy, not all are P. godefroyae var. leucochilum in the strict sense. Leucochilum means 'clearly white pouch' without any red spots on it.
But this doesn't matter anything. I for myself enjoy all these flowers if they are P. godefroyae or P. godefroyae var. leucochilum.
Thanks. So if there is even one spot on the pouch are they godefroye? Some have no spots while others have some.

Latest posts

Back