leucochilum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
did you make this flask from your own cross? or was the flask bought from a seller?

did you make this flask from your own cross? or was the flask bought from a seller?
I bought the flask. There was no information about the cross. So how do you grow yours? What minimum temperatures and how do you handle them in winter?

I bought the flask. There was no information about the cross. So how do you grow yours? What minimum temperatures and how do you handle them in winter?
That is quite an accomplishment growing plants from flasks, I always kill plants from flasks , they maybe survived for a year then in the end still died . I am still a novice in growing brachy paphs, a lot of death plants , changing thru many media to no avail .

That is quite an accomplishment growing plants from flasks, I always kill plants from flasks , they maybe survived for a year then in the end still died . I am still a novice in growing brachy paphs, a lot of death plants , changing thru many media to no avail .
The trick is to grow them warm and don't remove them from the community pot until they are almost flowering sized. I learned this in the last couple of years. Before that I lost almost everything. This leuco is the last one still alive from that flask! I don't lose any from flask now. https://www.slippertalk.com/threads/thaianum.47359/

[The trick is to grow them warm and don't remove them from the community pot until they are almost flowering sized.]
thank for the tip. I will keep that in mind , that may be the reason why they died when got potting individually .

This is my Paphiopedilum leucochilum "Dark Butterfly" with very large flowers, a select clone I bought from Popow last year...Hope you like it

Attachments

• DSCN0003.JPG
    DSCN0003.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCN0010.JPG
    DSCN0010.JPG
    160.2 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCN0026.JPG
    DSCN0026.JPG
    184.5 KB · Views: 9
This is another P.leucochilum "Dark" select from Popow too...Nice grower and bloomer too

Attachments

• DSCN0003.JPG
    DSCN0003.JPG
    157.9 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCN0004.JPG
    DSCN0004.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCN0006.JPG
    DSCN0006.JPG
    159.2 KB · Views: 7
My first leuco and it's first flower. From a flask from a few years ago. It's a bit cuppy and some of the edges have browned off but I still like it and it's immaculate lip.

Love the pattern on this, especially that it IS a pattern, not just patchy dark splotch (I know some people like that and I’m not insulting it, just not my thing).

Back