let's talk about pink tranlien

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yummy! I love it! Love both color variations really - it's a bit like barbigerum and related - the variations make the colors that much more interesting to see! :)

I really like these guys. I would definitely take the pink one if I could have one. Great job.

Now, let's see if we can mass product this one. Oh, wait .... CITES can products it faster than we can.
BD

Sorry, I missed this thread so far and I'm impressed of the colouration of this tranlieanum. :drool::drool::drool:
But I personally wouldn't call this colour pink.

Pink is a light value of red. Take red pigment, add white, and you have pink. Pigment color theory 101.
Dot, perhaps the imagination of pink are different between me and you.
The English Wikipedia says and I cite :
+++++"Pink is a mixture of red and white. The use of the word for the color we know today as pink was first recorded in the late 17th century.[2]

Although the pink is roughly considered just as a tint of red,[3][4][5] in fact most variations of pink lie between red, white and magenta colors. This means that the pink's hue is somewhat between red and magenta."+++++

That's the way I see the colour of pink.

+++++"Pink is a mixture of red and white. The use of the word for the color we know today as pink was first recorded in the late 17th century.[2]

Although the pink is roughly considered just as a tint of red,[3][4][5] in fact most variations of pink lie between red, white and magenta colors. This means that the pink's hue is somewhat between red and magenta."+++++

So this tranlienianum is 'pinkish' ? ;)

As I understand it, I could go to Wikipedia and change the text to something that would support what I've learned and taught over the years. A light value of magenta (red-violet) might also be called lavender in many orchidists vocabulary. Then again, I would call lavender a light value of violet.;)

Latest posts

Back