Lets hear it for our girl Candace for her FCC!!!!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the link to the award page http://www.csnjc.org/Sept2007/papharmeniwhite.html

I'm hoping the retouched photo is used for the Orchids Magazine, because that's the way the flower looked when I turned it in for judging.

It must have been accidentally dropped, written on, something? No biggie as these flowers are pretty fragile.

And yes, folks they describe it as suffused light yellow.:D

And here is Ramon's award Paph. Nimitz http://www.csnjc.org/Sept2007/paphnimit.html

They got the awards up fast!

How many growths was it?

I can count 9 growths, maybe a couple of starts. It's also got another spike and bud on it. I'll be using it for breeding. I've got some other paphs in bud that should be open in time.

Here's the picture I posted to another thread a while back of the whole plant, around 9 days after it opened.
Armeniwhite3.jpg

Congratulations, an FCC is a BIG deal! Although genetics are a big part, without such good culture it would probably not achieve the same award.
Good job of growing!

Congratulations!! I know how you feel.I'm still in 7th heaven but you are lucky with seeing the pics ,measurements etc posted on line!.I haven't heard neither hide nor tail from AOS since my award or pics on July 21st.No request for money or anything!Someone told me it could take up to 6 Mos!By that time either I or my plant could be dead :D

Candace,

May I touch the hem of your skirt?

HUGE!! Big congrats!!

Whitecat8

Sure is yellow!

Yes, and I'll be curious to see if the yellow carries through when I breed it. Oddly, the mother plant was an album form of armeniacum crossed to delenatii 'Pink Cheer'. Alan Koch did the cross.

It was already given the clonal name 'Gold Country' when I received it. One of these days I'll get to name one of my awarded plants...

Back