LED grow light?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grubea

Reaction score
For those of you that grow under LED grow lights how often do you replace them and how do you know when they are going bad?
Thanks
Aaron

For those of you that grow under LED grow lights how often do you replace them and how do you know when they are going bad?
Thanks
Aaron
Shouldn't have to replace them unless they stop working. Light intensity doesn't decay like a fluorescent, which you should probably replace every year. I'm sure LEDs lose intensity with time, but you shouldn't have enough time to notice it.

Main problems are poor power supplies, insufficient heat sinks/fans (I'd suggest no fans with bigger heat sinks) and cheap chips. You get what you pay for. I'm cheap, but willing to replace things more frequently...

Shouldn't have to replace them unless they stop working. Light intensity doesn't decay like a fluorescent, which you should probably replace every year. I'm sure LEDs lose intensity with time, but you shouldn't have enough time to notice it.

Main problems are poor power supplies, insufficient heat sinks/fans (I'd suggest no fans with bigger heat sinks) and cheap chips. You get what you pay for. I'm cheap, but willing to replace things more frequently...
Thanks for the info.

Back