Leaning leaves...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

biothanasis

Hi all, it's too long since I last posted somthing... but I was on holiday(s)(?)!!!! Well, I am back now and I would like some tips for making my paphios (P. pinocchio concolor and P. pinocchio)more vigorous...I got them from ebay and after amonth they finally showd up... (it's a very long time) I have noticed that all leaves are leaning downwards and plants seem like dying, but roots are strong and leaves are hard too (they are not smooth and fluffy). Any suggestions... Should I water them gradually until I water them the regular quantity and frequency, or they need immediate care and attention? When should I start fertilising them?

Since I was on holidays I couldn' t take care of my orchids and finally, all of my paphs (3 in total) are dead... :eek::eek::confused::sob:... So I would like to give the best of my self to these new ones... Please help...:(:)

Thank you very much in advance... Thanasis...

If the media is dry, water immediately of course. I always water new plants when they arrive, first w/ R.O. water then w/ the standard solution of 1/2 strength MSU, w/ Protekt silicon solution for the roots and Superthrive to revitalize and de-stress the plant.

Heather and Eric thank you very much for the info...
I am glad too, for being back :) :)....

What kind of mix are you using? Sounds like it doesn't hold enough water. Consider adding some chopped sphagnum or something else that will hold a bit of water.

littlefrog,

Thank you for the info!!! The fact is that the plants were shipped from France and it took almost a month to arrive!!! The plants are now perfect and have new growths going on!!! And the leaves have come to normal (with little help)!!! I know they had flowers when shipped. Could they reflower in short time or next year?
Thank you for everything...,
Thanasis :):):)

Back