Lastest Shopping! :)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
From Ten Shin Gardens.

Dendrobium kingianum. first time to see such tiny and variegated variety, so I had to get one. :D

PPoJandl.jpg

A couple Tolumnia of the same cross. All were pink of some sort.
I bought white, yellow with spots in the past, and all from the same cross.
Very diverse results from this cross. The name is just too long to remember.
Jirak Rainbow by something by something....

YWpOK5ml.jpg

Belllatulum album x charlesworthii album.

k8jMHNBl.jpg

Hung Sheng Spice. Notice how compact the plant is and how long the spike is! There were so many nice compact bulldog hybrids this time. must be a trend in Taiwan.

NtObK4vl.jpg

Hung Sheng Provocation. So cute!
It has bloomed before, so it's been culled at the nursery, but I like it a lot.
Already a small clump.

h9FkONml.jpg

Micranthum. One is in bud. Both have amazing root system!

tMLNIHBl.jpg

Hung Sheng Pink (moquettianum x emersonii in bud), two Winter Coat in bud (wenshanense x leuco) with great root system!

1QFrJwil.jpg

I donated well over 20 plants at the society earlier this week just in case of this kind of accidents. :rollhappy:

From Main Street Orchids

Venustum. QF tag. so this must be from the same batch as the one I got from eBay last year.
There were a couple and all had at least two new starts.
I think I'll toss my "old" one. haha

bftmBCHl.jpg

A nice clump of charlesworthii for just $35.
Unfortunately someone in the train hit it hard and broke the neck. :mad:
I was dying to see the flower as I don't believe this is what it says it is.

T0xLNnwl.jpg

Just picked from the pile. lol

I wanted to place a pre-order of some flasks, but he was too busy. Our communications didn't follow through.

And I was told he is not coming back to this region. He did Deepcut which is not too far from NYC, but he's skipping that one this year.
Next one is all the way down to Phyli. hmmm

I've never been to SEPOS and heard good things about it, so I might as well travel south a bit. I don't know.
I will have to try and get in touch with him now well head of time, but those flasks might all be gone now.

Awesome haul!

I spoke to Richard who was manning Ten Shin booth and he told me Ten Shin won't be at SEPOS this year!

Regardless, SEPOS is still worth going to whether or not he is attending.

I also was told he'd miss sepos and deepcut. But always good to hear directly from source. I only want to see ooi orchids and more corybas ;)
Sepos is a good show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, if it wasn't for the space limit, I would have bought half the Ten Shin table! lol ok, maybe quarter.
There were a bunch of multiple growt henryanum ( I have lots of seedling from OZ flask but still multiple growths for jump start was tempting!), wilhelminae ( although I have two gardineri), Roth, Mem Larry Heuer ( I have a good one in bloom), a few different brachy hybrids ( they all look about the same to me but those leaves!!!), and some other not so commonly seen plants in the states...

There was this Chinese woman who bought her van full of orchids!
As I was watching her pushing her giant cart through the hall way, I was like, 'that would be me if I lived in a house!' lol

From Ten Shin I bought a henry, a Mem. Larry Heuer, (the one in bloom smelled so nice...), and another hybrid.

Did you buy the one in bloom with super droopy but huge flower?
Yeah, it was fragrant! :)

I was tempted to buy a couple, but one was previously bloomed plant and the other one....I then remembered I have one opening up nicely at home, and one more.

I wonder why he's skipping out..? Could be too long a drive from taiwn maybe ?

I don't know about SEPOS yet, but they usually skip due to money.
He didn't do as well at Deepcut last year I was told.

Plus, a lot of plants either froze or damaged by cold because he had a hold up at the air port in the freezing weather.
I feel bad for him. The customs scewed him over in that regard, I guess.

Now I wonder this means I only get to see him once a year in my area now.
Dang it!

In the last three years or so, he's been bringing a lot more Chinese Cymbidiums, which means the demand has been on the rise, but not enough. plus other things.

We have to get local Chinese people come and buy from him as these plants are not available otherwise or cost significantly higher at certain hidden places in China Town and other area in the city.

Latest posts

Back