Last three purpuratas.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
All these plants made significant growth during their less than ideal holiday in a Welsh farmhouse. Lowish temperatures plus very little sun meant smaller growths but they’ve still put on a good show.
First is a line bred sanguinea. Good colour and shape. Then carnea ‘Waldemar Silva’ and lastly a line bred ‘tipo’.
Hopefully next year bloom size and numbers will be back to normal.IMG_1331.jpegIMG_1336.jpegIMG_1325.jpegIMG_1323.jpegIMG_1329.jpeg
purpurata seems to like being photographed in the sun. The colours really pop,
David

A great example of the many varieties of L purpurata.
One of my first orchid memories is when I was 13 years old and saw many mounted L purpurata at Planten und Bloomen in Hamburg. I just realized that the sight of all the majestic purpuratas growling mounted must be the reason why I prefer to have many of my orchids mounted nowadays.

Last edited:
Well done, what a trio of fantastic flowering plants. Without a greenhouse too, a tribute to the growing conditions in your home. Bigger and better things next year.

I’m partial to the carnea, on my wish list if I ever get more space!

Very nice, I too am most intrigued to flower a top quality carnea , but the sanguinea is full of pop. Sanguinea is one of the purpuratas that you have to see in the flesh to get the full impact of the saturation, and try not to say WOW.

Latest posts

Back