Last months haul

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New arrivals. From Monsoon Flora.
Seven cells on left w/ largest-Phrag besseae 'Red Circle' HCC/AOS x Franz Glanz
Seven cells on rt. w/ smallest-Phragmipedium caudatum 'Monsoon Silverfall' AM/AOS x P. warscewiczianum 'Red Rider'
Compot- Paph Prince Edward of York 'Monsoon Uli' AM/AOS by Paph Pinocchio 'Engarde'

:rollhappy: I would think so! They are cool .........
some will be cold before too long!
Clark - nice baby plants! I just potted up a compot of Junko's Melody (Mem.Larry Heuer x dele.), they seemed a bit crowded although the leafspan on the largest ones is less than 2", the roots were 2-3"! I think I need to check out a couple more & get to work!

I just educated myself.
This is copied and pasted from wikipedia-

"Eggs are typically deposited in a frothy mass that is produced by glands in the abdomen. This froth then hardens, creating a protective capsule with a further protective coat, and the egg mass is called an ootheca."

We are looking at the protective coating, the eggs are inside.:)

Awesome Clark!

I bought a couple of mantis eggs last year, laid them in the veggie garden. Then watched them hatch. We never knew what happened to them till a couple of months later, they were around the apartment complex and even my bog garden.

Thanks for the pics!

I just educated myself.
This is copied and pasted from wikipedia-

"Eggs are typically deposited in a frothy mass that is produced by glands in the abdomen. This froth then hardens, creating a protective capsule with a further protective coat, and the egg mass is called an ootheca."

We are looking at the protective coating, the eggs are inside.:)

Thanks, Clark!

Has it been this long???

Sorry not giving the donors praise, but half the house has been under plastic with painting and other interior lipstick.

April's auction.
On left, from Slipperking(Rick), Phrag. Calurum ( longifolium x Sedenii). New growths are poppin'!
Right, from Jason Fischer, Phrag. Jason Fischer (besseae 'Rick Hunter' x Mem. Dick Clements 'Red Wing') This plant arrived in perfect condition, but it is breezy here and the wind ripped that leaf off. The newest leaf is all new growth, another reason to wait to post. (there are a few plants missing leaves here).

May
Left, Yodonomatsu. Started to bud about a week after arrival.
Right, Koganenishiki. Plant was perfect upon arrival. It is missing a few leaves due to sunburn. :eek: :(

soon...

teeth and cleft???
Halloween?

Back