Last months haul

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I let this bull get within 50ft. Wedsday.
Shot with a canon, 75-300zoom.

When hunting, this is considered 'fair chase'.

First time I've seen her hold the thumb. Very nervous here.

Thank you. :)

We were in north California.
I'm disappointed that some species eluded us-
Darlingtons, Cephalanthera austinae(i know it is late, but temps. were not above 58F.), and of course Bigfoot.
btw, I found the golden eagle extremely hard to photo. :mad: , missed two platinum opportunities.

You are right, not too smart.

I have had numerous encounters with black bears. Neutral, mother-cub, and trying to redefine the food chain. Never seen this before.
After stopping at visitor center, and letting worker tell us she had seen only one bear in 18yrs, we see one 30minutes later. Too far for video or camera, we passed the binoculars for a few. Bear was working its way though meadow. A small group of people had formed just beyond(50-100ft further there was a road.
All was going well. I was drooling thinking, they were in perfect position to enjoy the photo op. Bear moved slower and slower, then stopped. Now it is looking at crowd(i'm furious at this point). A few moments pass, now walking towards crowd of about a dozen. That lasted for four steps. The animal charges and reaches them in about 5 strides.
The speed. Blinding.
The people. Unprepared.
He charges the center of group. I can see them trying to scatter.
The screams. Unforgettable.
As it chooses the right group, out of nowhere(it was like god placed this person), a very brave man puts himself between sapiens and bear. With arms spread and waving, he channeled the bear into the forest. Minute later, I hear small calibre rifle or dart gun.
This man was not ranger, bear control or park employee. He was a construction worker with road crew. I said 'out of nowhere', because he had on safety neon green shirt(I can see that shirt for miles), and would have seen him alot sooner.
I can still hear the screams.

Latest posts

Back