Largemouth Bass...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Clark

... for breakfast.

Great Blue Heron

Alligator

Osprey

This is one of those days, when one wishes they had an 800mm lens in their everything bag.
There was no way to physically close the gap.

We had bagels and cream cheese.
Juice for her, coffee for me.

Thank you.
:)

Very cool photos, Clark! 'Love the Osprey photo with the Gator in the frame as well. Man!....It must be tough to be a fish in those waters! Where were these photos taken?

Thank you!

John- this was about an hour south of Cape Canaveral, Florida. We visited this site twice. First morning gave all the pop I could handle, about 800 shutter clicks.
Second morning, not so good. About 120 clicks.
Otter tracks everywhere, but never seen. Crested Caracara was attending a large chick, but too far. The Black-bellied Whistling-Ducks put on a great show early,
then settled down for some still shots.

That Heron was on fire- speared one bass after another. Probally had the best success rate I have ever seen, excluding my wife.

Rick- we did not fish. Have not used rod and reel for a while. :(

Hey Clark, nice shots, as always. Ah, that dreaded blue heron doing its thing again...and of course the NJ alligator, finally caught in the act :rollhappy:

Tough to get otters on film. I've only caught site of them a few times and always in the same spot - a family crossing a back road next to a swamp. Forget about bobcats! You'd like the raccoon-dogs here in Japan, they are pretty easy to spot and often not very afraid of humans.

Many thanks!

Tom- we have been lucky, and have seen otters. Nearly steeping on them the first time. Near Ft. Meyers is a lovely place called Six Mile Cypress Slough.
One of Christine's favorite places. She got a kick out of the baby feral pigs that were there also. Very vocal.
These otters- much larger than what they look like on TV. :eek:

Not long after, got luckier, and photographed one, feeding on fish about an hour north of Ft. Meyers.
This is another site where one could do over 100 clicks/hr., but the Snail Kites elluded us.
For us, Snail Kites won the 'most skittish award'. :mad:

Bobcats would be neat. I think I would need longer glass though.
We have a family on the Delaware River, Jersey side. But have not had time to get up there.
Near Miami, I have read online of a family, that photographers have been getting. Our trip did not allow for this.
Maybe next time...

What do raccoon-dogs eat?
Thanks.

Agreed.
At the moment, only Yellowstone can compare.

Ruth- we got those in Florida, on same trip when the Heron consumed Egret chicks.
Have about 2500 images to go through. :D

Thank you!

Back