Large Phals lots of spikes!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here are a few of our Phalaenopsis plants that I've been experimenting with.
Most have about 30" LS.
I'm pretty happy with the results so far.

OBA1.JPG

OBA001.JPG

OBA002.JPG

OBA003.JPG

OBA004.JPG

OBA005.JPG

OBA006.JPG

OBA007.JPG

OBA008.JPG

Wow those are some seriously well grown mutants! So are you going to provide more details on the "experiment"?

That is impressive! What kind of fertilizer are you feeding them with? Did you do anything differently this time?

Lance, you've been giving them steroids, haven't you???
Such illegality...doping up Phals...tsk tsk. The plants look
magnificent and it'll be a great show when they bloom.
They do bloom, don't they????? ;>)

Wow! Incredible. I'm waiting to hear the secret you're using and can't wait to see the flower display on these. :clap:

I am impatient to know how one could arrive at such a result and especially to see flowerings which will result from your experiment.

nice experiment!how much time have been growing without stimulate flowering?

My guess is keeping temps above 82 F to keeping them vegetative (ie suppressing spike initiation), having them grow to monstrous proportions before chilling them (below 77 F in day and below 70 at night) and raising light levels at the same time.
But what's the special sauce?

Congrats, these are stunning specimen plants!

My guess is keeping temps above 82 F to keeping them vegetative (ie suppressing spike initiation), having them grow to monstrous proportions before chilling them (below 77 F in day and below 70 at night) and raising light levels at the same time.
But what's the special sauce?

Congrats, these are stunning specimen plants!

I think they do this for the giant phals in taiwan. I think another thing they do is up the CO2.

Very interesting... My guess is the same as sharky's... But usually in phals, spikes from the lower leaf axils tend to be larger than phals from higher up nodes, but I see the opposite happening in your plants. Hormonal treatment? Auxin or cytokinins maybe?

Latest posts

Back