Laeliocattleyanthe Molly Tyler (1930)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carmella.carey

Reaction score
One of the Dixon hybrids from 1930 Laeliocattleyanthe Molly Tyler won at a raffle yesterday at our IMG_20230116_100457.jpgIMG_20230116_100503.jpgOS meeting. Original division with CyMV and ORSV and no color break. And for terryšŸ˜ Cattleya Molly Tyler (1930)
-Patrick

Or I guess since this hybrid being 25% bowringiana and 25% purpurata, bowringiana being a Guranthe now and purpurata a Cattleya now its Cattleyanthe and the old name would be Laeliocattleya.
Confused myself therešŸ˜‚
-Patrick

Had it, grew it, flowered it. It should do well for you.
The only down side I could think of in looking back, my clone became a beast of a plant! Not a beast in terms of reluctancy to bloom but a beast because it got to be a huge plant. After several years, I traded it away to another club member. I couldn't justify giving one plant that much space. Congratulations!!!

Had it, grew it, flowered it. It should do well for you.
The only down side I could think of in looking back, my clone became a beast of a plant! Not a beast in terms of reluctancy to bloom but a beast because it got to be a huge plant. After several years, I traded it away to another club member. I couldn't justify giving one plant that much space. Congratulations!!!
It's about a 3 feet or a meter tall.
-Patrick

Latest posts

Back