Laelia pumila ‘Beyond the Circle’ (syn. Cattleya pumila)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s gorgeous!

I’m curious to know your cultural conditions, as I have a small pumila, an alba, which is new for me.
They grow intermediate temperatures (16-25C) with a little more light than Phalaenopsis (1500 fc) but less than normal Cattleyas. So warm summers and mild winters.

Never let them dry too much, similar to Phalaenopsis, watering as it approaches dryness.

A bit like Goldie Locks lol.

They grow intermediate temperatures (16-25C) with a little more light than Phalaenopsis (1500 fc) but less than normal Cattleyas. So warm summers and mild winters.

Never let them dry too much, similar to Phalaenopsis, watering as it approaches dryness.

A bit like Goldie Locks lol.
Thanks; that’s helpful. I just realized that I got my “alba” pumila mixed up with a praestans var alba.

A very round and flat version of this miniature ‘Cattleya’. The color is almost iridescent purple fuschia. Still small so not blooming to potential. But what a flower lol.

View attachment 30963
Wow. That color is the fuschiaest! And yet the effect is if coffee were this color and you poured in the finest fresh cream!

Latest posts

Back