Lady Isabel x Johanna Burkhardt (first multi flowering..yay!)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redtwist

Crownrot Prince
Reaction score
My first multi flowering - just the one flower, but really pleased with the outcome.
Dimension for those interested - NS and petal length 15cm, Dorsal 6cm by 4cm wide, whole plant has a 70cm leafspan.
BTW - Does anyone know if this cross has a registered name? I can't find it listed with RHS or BlueNanta, I emailed the nursery it originally came from (via a private ebay seller) but have had no reply. Is it bad form for me to register it if no one has?
Chris

94c64c29e19082344eecd294715c2b48.gif69961ba3047ae70f3bff21c05c34e4ef.gifee18dba34d098ff36f53eb80edc58df6.gifaf7b250ef492a9c81752e360cc73c648.gif

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's quite red and pretty.
See the RHS website for registration dos and donts.

Thanks. Yes, I already looked at the notes. They are hardly explicit, so I've sent them an email for some clarification.

I really like this as well. Cool petal stance and I like the adductum influence on the lip. Overall, and interesting outcome considering the parentage. Dark and colorful. It'd be nice to see it in a few years with 3 - 5 flowers.

Very nice fantastic colour this will make a stunning display each year as it gets bigger

Thanks for all the great comments. Looking forward to seeing it with more flowers in time.
The reds are darkening now to a burgundy colour mainly, plus the dark backdrop in the pics brings out the colours more. Here is a comparison on light background.
5de3e14ed7682ce2756bfa24c0d26552.jpg

What happened to the inflourescence? Looks like it was gouged. Very nice outcome!!

Well spotted troy. Yes I won't be using these type clips again - under such tension I accidentally nicked the stem getting it in. Had me sweating on its development for a while but seems no harm done. #butterfingers
Chris

Just confirmed by the RHS - I have registered this cross as Paph.Duke of Burgundy.

congratulations!
Who was the Duke of Burgundy?

Nobody - its a butterfly. Also a film about a relationship between two women (not called Isabel and Johanna sadly). Mainly I just thought it sounded good for a paph - like PEOY, but the right colour too.

Latest posts

Back