LaCrosse wireless weather station fail

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<sorry... i can't stop my fingers from typing>

the connection/tech you have to your house for internet (DSL) and the way you distribute that network in your home, ethernet/wifi, etc. are separable problems

although DSL is not a very high speed connection to the internet, your ability to distribute that network in your home is not limited by it.

If you care, even some geeksquad kinds of help should be able to get you up and running.

If you care... ;-)

if not (and that is perfectly fine) pick a different thread to read :)

my crappy acurite temp sensors all crapped out finally.. went back to this thread to read the options people had been pointing at... and had totally forgot how funny a read this was (for a geek at heart).. for non-geeks read elsewhere.. :)

but if this has caught your attention and you have a <reliable> wireless temp monitoring solution, would love to hear about...

i.e., temp probes/sensors in your growing area that make their measurements available to you remotely e.g., when you are on vacation away from your growing area.

As I no longer have a greenhouse, that is not a concern to me, but I do have a solar-powered, solid state weather station (Weatherflow Tempest) that connects to my home network and can be remotely monitored with a browser.

When I couldn't get my LaCrosse sensor linked to the new router, I tried Govee sensors. They have worked well so far. They can be accessed via Bluetooth when close by or via the internet when linked to their gateway which links to your router. It was easy to set up, inexpensive, and you can link multiple sensors. Long term reliability is yet to be confirmed.

When I couldn't get my LaCrosse sensor linked to the new router, I tried Govee sensors. They have worked well so far. They can be accessed via Bluetooth when close by or via the internet when linked to their gateway which links to your router. It was easy to set up, inexpensive, and you can link multiple sensors. Long term reliability is yet to be confirmed.
if you are using them in your greenhouse, are you doing anything to keep them from getting wet when you water? the sensors don't appear to have any obvious openings, but just the seams on the battery cover. but they are clear about not 'immersing them in water'.

@Ray From when you were using the 'sensorpush' sensors, were they waterproof? and did you have any other feedback on them?

Yes waterproof. No other feedback.

I do have a Govee device that's about 5 years old, so I'll second Ross' suggestion to look at them.

I believe the SensorPush sensors do what you are asking about. You can have multiple little units scattered around that connect by Bluetooth in the house AND there is a little base station that can connect to you remotely. There is also a waterproof option. A group of people on this forum (including me) use the devices to track temperature and humidity in different parts of their growing area. The app on the phone to display that data by hour, day, month, and year is nice.

if you are using them in your greenhouse, are you doing anything to keep them from getting wet when you water? the sensors don't appear to have any obvious openings, but just the seams on the battery cover. but they are clear about not 'immersing them in water'.

@Ray From when you were using the 'sensorpush' sensors, were they waterproof? and did you have any other feedback on them?
I placed the sensor in an area that doesn't get sprayed on. It's too early to tell if humidity will degrade the sensor. The gateway is in the attached head house, away from any water issues.

Thanx all. Looks like it’s a pay to play for sensorpush…. I’d be in break even mode for all of the AcuRite sensors I’ve burnt through….

But that’s the past…. <sigh>

>>>> ordered 11/26 :)

Last edited:
I have my Sensorpush sensor on a stake in a plant pot so it gets soaked every time I water and never skips a beat, nor has it been bothered by humidity averaging at 87%. They're well worth spending a little more on compared to the cheap monitors.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231126_113057_SensorPush.jpg
    Screenshot_20231126_113057_SensorPush.jpg
    462.3 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back