Krull-Smith

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heather

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
Damn Awards-Quarterly - (PHRAG is going to smite me!)

I've recently been enticed to purchase my first two Paphs from Krull-Smith. They are beautifully grown plants. The lowii, which I suspect is 4N, is humongous, and the St. Swithin that arrived today and is very nice, not huge, but as advertised. Very well packed also.

Thumbs up!
(I hope MINE win some awards!!)

I almost bought a bulbo from them. Did you read his article in "Orchids" a few months ago? It was quite interesting, the conditions in his greenhouse, temps into the high 90s and the paphs are still ok. One day I'm going to break down and buy a lowii. I've been wanting one forever.

My first awarded Paph came from Krull-Smith. Paph Poulsbo 'David Warren' HCC/AOS. I bought it on my trip to Redland a couple years ago...they had some amazing stuff for sale.

I never really searched around Krull-Smith yet but I'm definately going to have to take a looksy. Great to have you here. :)

bwester said:
I almost bought a bulbo from them. Did you read his article in "Orchids" a few months ago? It was quite interesting, the conditions in his greenhouse, temps into the high 90s and the paphs are still ok. One day I'm going to break down and buy a lowii. I've been wanting one forever.

In the article, Frank Smith attributes his success with paphs in such warm temps to good water quality and frequent watering. He also stops fertilizing in late Spring and doesn't resume until the weather cools down in the Fall.

I noticed in the last couple weeks Krull-Smith has begun selling on eBay. Not many paphs listed so far, but maybe that will change.

Many here have already seen these photos I took at Krull-Smith during the AOS Members Meeting in April, but I thought I'd post them here to illustrate just how amazing those Paph. lowii are.

lowii_jungle1a.jpg

And a little closer:
lowii2a.jpg

WOW :clap: That is a sight!!!!!!!

Those are A+ photos and lowii's.

Thanks for the wonderful picture My.

Last edited:
Heather said:
Does anyone know what causes the light green residue on the leaves? You can see it in the first photo and it is all over leaves on my plants. It comes off easily but I sort of wondered what caused it.

Truly amazing. I will have to keep a watch on ebay! I would like some of their roths, please!

Heather - that's just algae. The conditions are ideal for it and it thrives. It comes right off with a little gentle rubbing with a wet clump of cotton or synthetic substitute.

Jmoney said:
that's a fantastic sea of lowii. I wonder if they need to get rid of some?

Call them (they are selling them at shows for less than on the web site).
Marcus just picked one up for me a few weeks ago. :)

Mycorrhizae said:
Heather - that's just algae. The conditions are ideal for it and it thrives.
That's what I wondered! That's amazing!! Neat. Thanks!

I contacted them recently and they had no rothschildianum species left. Not that I need any. : )

Latest posts

Back