Krull-Smith Orchids

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Visit to Krull-Smith

I realize this thread is a little stale, but I had the opportunity to visit Krull-Smith this week, and even though there isn't very much in bloom this time of year, some of the paphs that were in bloom really blew me away.

There was a Paph. Dollgoldi with flowers that must have been 9" wide and the color was the brightest yellow you could imagine. I would really loved to have hauled this one home, but it was already sold. :(

The most amazing paph I saw was a Paph. Gloria Naugle that had the most intense reddish-purple color I have ever seen on a paph, and petals that were super wide and flat. This was one of those orchids you see from clear across an orchid range the minute you walk in the door and you make a straight line over to it while ignoring all the other wonderful things you pass along the way. I've seen probably 500 Paph. Gloria Naugle and if ever I thought one could get an FCC, this would be it. Frank was just getting ready to take some photos of it and he said he would email me a copy. I will post it here if that happens.

Mycorrhizae said:
I realize this thread is a little stale, but I had the opportunity to visit Krull-Smith this week, and even though there isn't very much in bloom this time of year, some of the paphs that were in bloom really blew me away.

There was a Paph. Dollgoldi with flowers that must have been 9" wide and the color was the brightest yellow you could imagine. I would really loved to have hauled this one home, but it was already sold. :(

http://cgi.ebay.com/Orchid-Paph-Dol...0QQihZ011QQcategoryZ42218QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
This is probably the plant.
gary

I am really glad that a friend contacted me about splitting the cost of K-S's Dollgoldi. I hope to have my division in a few weeks. Rusty

Wow - what a great idea! The plant was big enough that you both are going to have a really nice sized division. I looked at the auction listing, and as far as I'm concerned the photos in the auction listing are pretty wimpy compared with the real thing. In real life the flower is many times more impressive!

To be honest with you I was not sure I wanted in on the purchase due to space issues. [can't wait for the plant]. Time to get rid of a few more phals. Let's see I bought three plants from Poter's last week, have four plants coming from Marriott Orchids and the K-S Dollgoldi. Nah, I don't have a problem! :rollhappy: rusty

What cultivar of Paph. rothschildianum is this? Are you posting this photo in the Krull-Smith thread because that's where you got it?

Was this one recently shipped, or is that cobwebs on the top flower? If it is the latter, then the flowers must last a very long time! :rollhappy:

sorry posted the pic in the wrong thread. haha. Those phals definitely have heat damage.

It's one thing to simply say that the damage doesn't necessitate a refund, but it's quite, quite unacceptable to simply no even acknowledge that there is damage.

The whole 'no previously blooms plants' makes me mad, too.

I won't be ordering from Krull-Smith.
Bad bad bad. If you like paying wayyyy too much and getting plants that drop all buds immediately and are full of bugs then buy here and from partner company Orchids In Bloom.
Dishonest, complete criminals, and then they say “All sales Final””

big 923 AGREED!!!
to those who are jumping on the orchid nursery bashing bandwagon:

if as a new member (and if you are not a newbie, shame on you) you are searching for threads to pass along grievances, i don't think this is the place for you.
if you need assistance with growing, or cultivation, your in the right place, and everyone is very happy to help.
personally, i have been growing orchids since the early 80's - and have visited many many nurseries, some not in business anymore, (stewarts, Jones & Scully, Hanes orchids of distinction, Rands Orchids, to name a few) and bought (and killed) hundreds, maybe many more than that, and to have 1 "one" problem with one orchid nursery is difficult to point blame - in my opinion... sometimes things can be resolved through diplomacy, and
I do not know your expertise in growing orchids, but if all you want to do is vent there is a great site for you..

www.orchidsellergrievance.com (that way you can have your own soapbox)

Back