kovachii x longifolium

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ooh! ooh!

pkxlong1109x.JPG

came home tonight to find it peeking!

smart money would be for me to leave it and have someone check and take a pic, but there's nobody to do that. I turned the temp in my bedroom up to 65 to get it to open faster (I'm going to roast...), but don't know if that will get it open before wednesday afternoon. everything in the pic is pinkish, but that's because the tube light I've got over the leaves has a lot of red in it

okay, I guess this is called phrag incan treasure now

You are going to roast at 65º???

once I get used to cooler temps, trying to sleep in a room that's warmer than all the others is uncomfortable. I grew up with forced oil heat vented into my room, and I had the window open a crack.. I would rather have cool air and lots of blankets (no sweating while sleeping). also having the heat running means I would need to keep these windows closed, so no fresh air. as soon as this starts flowering the heat will go off until it gets down under 15 degrees for some period of time. the living room and kitchen get heated, the bedrooms and bathroom get turned off (well, they are set to 50 but they usually don't get that low unless it's really cold outside)

yeah, I guess I'll be hauling enough stuff anyway. maybe i'll try to get an opening pic before I head out. it's getting there today, has some nice reddish-purple coloring, kind of dark

i'm going to post a new thread for the first somewhat open pics under phrag incan treasure (in a few minutes). it looks a little different than the one pic I've seen on the internet, but then it hasn't finished opening. unfortunately, there are some dingles on the pouch :(

Latest posts

Back