kovachii x longifolium

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well, I measured the spike from where it emerges from the top leaves. it's maybe 5" or so above the 'soil line'. and that's to the tip of the furthest bud sheath; if a traditional measurement goes to the bottom of the first flower sheath it'll be a few inches shorter

i don't think you heard me. i asked you to ask it to go faster.
i'm still not patient....

Ron, where did you get that from? If it's me, I wonder why mine aren't in bud yet... :( Actually I gave away the biggest ones so hopefully everyone got a good one and I'll get my just desserts later. Living vicariously thru the joy of others! :p

Eric it is from you! I am growing it S/H

pkxlong1109d.JPG

upper half of spike (now 16.5")

pkxlong1109e.JPG

first bud developing nicely, both buds are pretty fat

pkxlong1109f.JPG

second bud emerging

had to lift up the window plastic to ward off the cold as it's getting below freezing outside at night (after this flowers, off goes the room heat!)

pkxlong1109b.JPG

the first bud is now two inches long and about an inch wide! I have a feeling that it's going to pop soon. there is also a third bud in the upper sheath. I may have to drag it with me to my relatives for thanksgiving so that the bud doesn't open and then fall off before I get home

I love taking plants on vacation. :) Um, not. Traveled with a Phal schilleriana on a cork mount for three Christmases. That plant is now wicked happy in SH. You're right here though- it might just pull a Phrag on you and just fall off for no apparent reason.

-Ernie

Latest posts

Back