kovachii x longifolium

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had posted a pic of this hybrid last week or so with the spike coming up, decided to post an update here. The spike has reached 8 1/2" and can see one or two buds. I've staked it so that it doesn't grow into the windowpane.

pklongspike1009a.JPG

It's really on a roll; this plant is now by far the largest with the longest spike (though maybe if I measured some phal sanderiana or equestris spikes they would be longer, but slipper-wise it's a for-sure!) and it's 'just getting started'!

Exciting!!!! Why would the tip of the leaf become dark brown??? Fertiliser???

Nice. Where'd you get that from!? :)

why, in a trade from you of course ;) (and again thank you very much!). I hope the plants you hang on to are as nice or nicer than the ones you trade away... this one and the other pk hybrid were very nice

Exciting!!!! Why would the tip of the leaf become dark brown??? Fertiliser???

um, I let it get too dry this summer and the one leaf burned

um, I let it get too dry this summer and the one leaf burned

Hmm, a bit frastrating when this happens! I guess this also occurs in paphs or other species for the same reason? If such an incident occurs, do you give more water or keep the same watering resime?? TY

well I was neglecting things, so I went back to what should have been normal watering. my phrag tank reservoir water level can drop quickly and if I don't check it often and add more to it, the water that fills the tank doesn't get as high, and the plants don't get as wet (or stay dry if really low)

Latest posts

Back