kovachii x Cape Sunset

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron-NY

Reaction score
I got over to the greenhouse and took a few pics. This one is close to 5 and 1/2 inches wide. The last shot is next to a Cape Sunset (albeit a pale one)

KovxCs.jpg

KxCS4-24-07.jpg

compare.jpg

How big are these plants (blooming k x cape sunset)? And does anyone that bought their seedlings have anything close to a BS plant?

Thanks

I will have to get a pic of the plant and take a measurement. I got my seedlings last fall and for this one and the Saint Ouen cross, they have more thasn doubled in size. I expect my St. Ouen to be blooming size in another 6 months and maybe a bit longer for the Cape Sunset cross for that blooms a bit larger.

When I first saw that they crossed kovachii with Cape Sunset, I thought to myself "what the hell are they doing?!"

It has actually turned out to be an attractive cross.

Piping Rock orchids in USA for now. I was told there are 14 diff Pk hybrids in production but limited numbers and not acceptable results will limit what becomes available.

there is also at least one more bud on this spike.

Without measurement, I would estimate that the plant is 8" tall with a 12" leaf spread and 6 leaves. I have close to a 12 " spread on my seedling's leaves with 4 leaves at this time.

suss16 said:
How big are these plants (blooming k x cape sunset)? And does anyone that bought their seedlings have anything close to a BS plant?

Thanks
I measured the plant today... The Cape Sunset cross is definately larger than the Saint Ouen cross. The leaf span on this one is 22" The petal span is a whopping 6". FYI for anyone going to theDallas show this coming weekend, another Cape Sunset cross will be open in time for that show. Here is a plant picture
kxCS.jpg

NYEric said:
Piping Rock orchids in USA for now. I was told there are 14 diff Pk hybrids in production but limited numbers and not acceptable results will limit what becomes available.
thank you.
which is recommanded and likely to grow well in our tropical highlands?
i love intense colors...

Latest posts

Back