Kovachii Seedlings Problems

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Slipperhead

Chuck Acker just sent me a letter and my deposit check informing me DNA testing has confirmed that all of his seedlings are not 100% true kovachii seedlings. He noticed last year that a number of seedings were growing at a considerably more vigorous pace than other plants from the same source.

He reported that he "cannot ethically sell these plants as Phrag kovachii" and is refunding my deposit.

There was also a letter of apology from Manolo Arias.

This is bound to be costing Chuck a TON of money. I'm sorry for his loss and will return as a customer again very soon!

I'll wait around for the F2 and F3 kovachii seedlings and hybrids!

DANG!!!

The Pk seedlings in Canada are true. There was rumor from the beginning that the Pk's from Manolo Arias were probaly not true.
It is sad that this has to happen.
It puts a bad taste in everybody's mouth.

ppl= people

dude...
that sucks for everyone involved.
wonder if manny will offer refunds. the big question is did he know or was it random pollination by a misguided insect?

Although I didn't get in on Chuck's kovachii seedlings I've ordered flask from him for years. He's always sent wonderful generous healthy flasks. His service is also first class. Hope it all works out for him.
Lindafrog

The Canadian Pk are true. In fact i forwarded these threads to Peter Croezen....he had heard rumours about the other flasks quite awhile back.

Its my fault, I contaminated the flasks.... its they're growin so fast ;)

I feel bad for questioning Peter Croezen for a moment now....he gets them from Alfredo Manrique and Peter is a nice and genuine person from his emails. sorry. I believed him since the beginning and place my order very early, just this made me wonder

Kyle said:
Can someone post a scan of Manolo Arias apology letter?

I scanned it and tried to upload, but the file is too large for the forum limitations. The letter basically is from Peruflora and apologizes to Chuck Acker and his customers. They state that there was a problem in their lab and they will compensate Chuck with the real thing.
Of course, that puts him even further behind in the slow race to grow these things from seed.

Voila

pk.jpg

smartie2000 said:
I feel bad for questioning Peter Croezen for a moment now....he gets them from Alfredo Manrique and Peter is a nice and genuine person from his emails. sorry. I believed him since the beginning and place my order very early, just this made me wonder
You are safe with Peter.

Latest posts

Back