Kovachii Seedlings Problems

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear that, better luck in the future. I'm relieved to hear that the Canadian ones are true, thank you for the info.

Heather said:
Interesting.

Is it bad of me to wonder how many other "mistakes" there were in that lab?
Sorry...I guess I've always been a bit skeptical of Arias.

Go girl! :rollhappy:

Just remember the "mistakes" were made in Peru and not by the trusting gringos who thought they could rely on casual knowledge of Peruvian business. This kovachii nightmare scenario exists in all aspects of Peruvian culture. You have to live there to realize there is a difference in how we all think about what honesty is. So foreseeable.

These rumors have been around for quite a while. But as I recall, not until AFTER Chuck and Jerry made the trip down. They certainly could have been duped, according to what I have followed regarding the situation (and I've been following it since '05 - but generally have had my info from Glen Decker, who is clearly biased. Not a bad thing, but true).

lienluu said:
Now don't y'all go yelling at me.

damn it lienluu!!! :mad:
i mean....

funny. a little something about it bugs me. i think it's the way that they don't say something like, 'oh crap, we made a mistake' but make it seem like it happened because of the actions of some evil gnome...

Yeah, my favorite part was where they say "... Mr. Acker mistakenly obtained something other than the plants of Phragmipedium kovachii that he had originally requested."

Oh, Mr. Acker did this? He went rummaging around in the lab and just took whatever flasks he found first? Talk about not being able to take responsibility. What wonderfully misleading language.

- Matthew Gore

It's really just a matter of semantics. I got my hybrids from Glen, who I know personally and have always considered a friend, but, I really never liked the proprietary way the few individuals involved w/ the Pk point fingers at each other, all over a few hot dollars. In a few years the Pk will probably be common like the Pbesseae.

Back