Kovachii development

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OR.O

Reaction score
Hey guy! I bought my first Kovachii in February, it had an 1 old growth and 1 small new, no active roots. This is my first time with Kovachii and anyway I'm not a pro grower.

just arrived

a few weeks later I decided to repot it, as you can see the new fan had no roots.

these pics are from yesterday

:drool::drool::drool::drool:

what do you think about it?
I hope for a bud next year, is it possible? or it's stil too small/young?

Congrats! Good save.

What's the top dressing? Rock wool??
I think I see bark and stone chips in the pot??

How warm does it get during summer in your grueling area?

Congrats! Good save.

What's the top dressing? Rock wool??
I think I see bark and stone chips in the pot??

How warm does it get during summer in your grueling area?

it is all rock wool with some white marble ( carrara ) and dolomite, next time I would like to try rock wool and diatomite, but diatomite is really hard to find here.

when the temperature starts to get up ( 28/30 C ) I moved them in a fresh place, where temperature range is of 20-25 C.

I suppose that Kovachii growth without an high difference of temperature between night and day , in hot summer like here and indoor, gets lower till stop.
This is just my first opinion, I noticed this when the temperatures are raised up and Kovachii gets slow growth.
Probably for well established plants this temperature effect has a less impact, but this is what I see in mine area and like ''indoor grower''.

( I hope it is understandable )

kovachii grows very quickly and readily puts out new growth. In a years time you may be looking at a six growth plant. In my opinion a lot of kovachii are not kept warm enough anything upto 30c and down to 13c will do fine ( others will not agree ). I feed regularly with calcium nitrate and maxicrop seaweed extract.

Ed

kovachii grows very quickly and readily puts out new growth. In a years time you may be looking at a six growth plant. In my opinion a lot of kovachii are not kept warm enough anything upto 30c and down to 13c will do fine ( others will not agree ). I feed regularly with calcium nitrate and maxicrop seaweed extract.

Ed

a friend of mine grows his Kovachii at the temperature you said and it's growing up pretty well!

I think that my biggest problem is that I can't go down with temperature as Kovachii needs and I this is why I put it in a place with low temperature

Latest posts

Back