• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

kolopakingii album

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe you are right...both of those plants were posted on the OSF a couple weeks ago. Something sounds fishy about this one to me....or is it just me.

It is Mahon's plant, but for what it's worth, I'm convinced that it is his plant and that it is what it claims to be. Kolopakingii is a good breeder, so I think I'm going to wait a couple of years for the prices to come down on these :)

- Matt

Wendy said:
I believe you are right...both of those plants were posted on the OSF a couple weeks ago. Something sounds fishy about this one to me....or is it just me.

Unfortunately, I'm jaded. Anything Mahon related is fishy to me at this point....a boy can cry wolf only so many times.

Then again, a short quick search turned up one in bloom at Peach State Orchids and Lien's posted one also. Maybe not so rare after all, just pricey. :)

Me too Heather...I've never met the boy but I can't stand him. Maybe that's a bad thing on my part but I could only listen to so much of his crap and self back-patting. I'd rather take advice from an educated vetran than some smart a$$ed 'I know more than everyone else' kid.

knowing that idiot of a con-artist, its a regular kolo spray-painted green

bwester said:
knowing that idiot of a con-artist, its a regular kolo spray-painted green
I guess I am a little bit green on the ebay affair, thanks guys:sob:

Hien
I think it is the same with me, first think it is true what we read, not thinking what may be behind.
Hello from Germany
Nikolaus

Hien, and Nikolaus...

we should explain. There were some incidents at this forum and at the OSF forum regarding the person selling this plant, Patrick Mahon.

While this plant may be as advertised, many of us here witnessed many untruths that he told to us and so some of us are reticent to frankly, trust a word he says.

He is young, only 17, and while that should not discredit him, there have been many other things that he posted which we proved were not truthful in talking to people he claimed were his friends, so you may wish to take him with a grain of salt, so to speak. He is no longer a member here.

If you want more information, please PM me, or do a search for "mahon".

Last edited:
z

As far as I know these Kolo. albums were from a flask or flasks that came from ratcliff several years ago. I was clerking at theAtlanta Judging center when Bill of Peach state orchids brought in his and it recieved a CBR. I know he had a few of these and they were planned for some well known breeders...but that is just my understanding...it seems strange to hear of many of these turning up though???:rolleyes:

littlefrog said:
Heh... Come over to my house, then. I have a few that need walking off with.
I'm playing in Chicago next month, once again I'll be at Fox Valley and Tom K. won't be around guarenteed, how far away is that?

Latest posts

Back