Kimchee or ick-ee?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kimchee is good...especially when its mixed with galbi or bulgogi and rice wrapped in a lettuce leaf..

Whats even better is the spicy tofu soup mixed with seafood...I don't know what its called though.

Last night had some fresh rice mixed with kimchi, but not as kimchi fried rice. Recipes said I needed red chile paste so had to research that.... was a bit strong but pretty good

Saw recipe for kimchi butter for steak and meat, have to make some of that!

Looks good Charles! When I Korea I enjoyed kimchi that was made with cucumbers in particular. Japanese kimchi tends to be sweeter and less spicy, but is great in soups and stir fries. For a real easy meal I stir fry cut up boneless chicken and kimchi and eat it as is - you could have it over rice it you need more calories.

We have a boiled dish here called nabe that is essentially a big pot of boiling broth that you put almost anything into - meats, dumplings, mushrooms, seafood, tofu, and of course tons of veggies. You put stuff in just long enough to retrieve it to eat on the spot, so the pot sits on the dinner table on a portable gas stove. The various items can be eaten as is, or with a bit of other sauces like ponzu and hot garnishes, etc. ANYWAY, one of my favorite broth stocks for this is kimchi. Very nice to have a meal like this on cold winter days - in fact such meals are one of the mainstays here in winter.

Latest posts

Back