Kevin Porter

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chicago Chad

Reaction score
This is a hybrid I am rather happy with. I could probably have a few dozen more and not get so lucky since the variation is rather wide. I think it is worth a selfing or crossed with the pollen from my dark, mini fairrieanum... just for fun.

The color break looks quite prominent at the time of these photos but it has since subsided into the pouch more with less interruption to the color or shape.

fgwinK.jpg

3fQNDi.jpg

vfSOl9.jpg

Well it really does have intense coloration. My guess is that if you self it and have enough space to grow out a lot of plants, you might get a very good one. Do you have anything in bloom with larger, flatter, but still colorful petals? Do you have any dark colored multi's in bloom to make something like a Rolfei/Gloria Naugle? Mike

Nice.
I think color break in the petals and dorsal are more distracting than the pouch. So are you growing it more like a brachy or a micranthum?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nice.
I think color break in the petals and dorsal are more distracting than the pouch. So are you growing it more like a brachy or a micranthum?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I hardly see any color breaks on the petals and sepal?

By the way, I don't think there is much difference in growing bellatulum & micranthum, except micranthum could take lower temperature better.

From what I understand, only concolor and bellatulum benefit from little bit if chilling and all others brachys grow warm year around.
Although, concolor has a very wide distribution.

I have seen one ugly in bloom multiple growths plant of Kevin Porter for sale once. That's about it.
I would guess either setting seed pods on such a cross is difficult or germination is too low?

I have two similar hybrid, but the color is nowhere as dark as this one.

I missed out on Dick Wagner twice on ebay!! Always forget about it and go to a movie at night. lol

Latest posts

Back