kentuckience

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roy bailey

Reaction score
Very happy with this plant and I was surprised to see two flowers on one stem. All of the info I have read says one per stem. I wondered if it happened with plants that are cultivated due to higher food levels but not sure on this. Another plant had two buds on one stem but it had withered away when very small. Only one plant left to flower now and that's Reginae album. I have so much enjoyed these plants I cant wait to see if they progress next year.

Attachments

• A13D0091post.jpg
    A13D0091post.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 50
Hi, these came from Michael Weinert {frosh} who is also an agent for Hardy Orchids. I have attached a picture of one of the other flowers.:)

Attachments

• A13D9923post.jpg
    A13D9923post.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Forgot I had taken picture of other stem with small failed flower bud.

Attachments

• A13D9980post_1.jpg
    A13D9980post_1.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 16
Not sure if it's the case with orchids but I think if a plant is double-flowered it's genetic. Like if you ever got divisions from it they'd be double-flowered.

Thank you foryour comments,the plant with two flowers on the same stem is in the a pot. Have a same age plant in the ground as well and this has made about the same growth.

Back