Ken's Orchid Studio???

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, lots of emails, a 90 minute phone call that I paid for and a failed transaction. If you want the nasty details then PM me. If you want me to detail it here I can as well.

I bought only one paph from him but had no problem. Good plant, good service.

I was going to buy a tigrinum and a few tig hybrids from him, but after I ordered he tried to double the price that had been listed on the website. I took my business elsewhere.

When I was "working" with him I asked about some cultural stuff regarding a plant I was interested in. I figured, ask the guy that is growing them, right? Well, he gave me some tidbits, but basically sent me off to do my own research.

When it came time to order there were lots of emails and I finally said screw it and called him. Most of the call was about him and his stuff. 90 minutes later (@5 cents a minute) we finally got a deal set up. I asked about payment and he said it was OK to wait until after the 1st since he would not be able to ship until then.

I got an email a few days later stating that he did not want to deal with someone looking for bargain basement prices (we had discussed ebay and other good deals that I have gotten) and had sold the two plants I was most interested in to someone else. Broke a legal contract that we had.

What do you want to bet he got more money for them from these other people? He has not returned any more emails that I have sent to him.

I bought a compot of Paph. fairrieanum ('Candor' AM/AOS x 'Red' AM/AOS) x ('Cayuga' x 'Candor Kioo') from him a few months back. We talked on the phone for a while; he seemed like a decent guy. I cannot speak to the others experiences with him, but I have a bunch of healthy fairrieanums for a respectable enough price. Also, I emailed him about two weeks ago and he responded the same day, which is fast for me. Take it for what it's worth...

Back