Just got this kolopakingii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
shorten spike due to serious packing. I'll cut the spike off to help the plant.

natural lighting
PkolopakingiiCC1.jpg

PkolopakingiiCC2.jpg

Oooh! Oooh! If you're cutting the spike anyway, could you send me some pollenia? I'd love to cross it onto my Paph. Freckles 'Cream Puff' HCC/AOS. Hell, I might try crossing it onto my Paph. Lathamianum too . . . or a bulldog or two . . .

I'm a big fan of kolo hybrids.

I have a local friend who is growing a bunch of these from flask and wants to share. How can I resist, no matter their enormous size?

Heather and Rick,
I don't know the cross. It's another plant w/a tag "Phrags.com" and when I did a search I found the website as been disscontinued.:( I got it off of Ebay, orchidtn I believe is the seller. The woman I emailed back-n-fourth is out of Dallas/Ft. Worth area. She had serveral and I think I still have her email if you like.
Single large growth with a start. Natural spread ~18inches, 30" spike

Oooh! Oooh! If you're cutting the spike anyway, could you send me some pollenia? I'd love to cross it onto my Paph. Freckles 'Cream Puff' HCC/AOS. Hell, I might try crossing it onto my Paph. Lathamianum too . . . or a bulldog or two . . .

I'm a big fan of kolo hybrids.

Sue PM and I'll see what we can do

Heather and Rick,
I don't know the cross. It's another plant w/a tag "Phrags.com" and when I did a search I found the website as been disscontinued.:

That's interesting. Phrags.com was set up by Fritz Schomburg, who really only had it as a link to his email address. Quintal Farms in Hawaii is phrags.com. They have great plants with healthy roots, and unfortunately, often incorrect tags.

It's either Kolosand (kolop. x sanderianum) or kolop x rothschildianum. Quintal has had these for a couple years. The kolo var. is topperi. If I had to guess, I would guess it's the roths cross. The sanderianum cross was very light. There were a lot more of the Kolosand available than Koloroth last year.

Would you mind telling me how much they charge for something like that?

Michael

Michael

Latest posts

Back