Just a regular Neo

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It's nice to have something that is fragrant at night! I'm really glad I got this regular Amami island Neo to try out. I kept it outside for a month during our 'winter' here and that worked to induce spiking : )

e6c96c5da953492f8934451a18288823.jpg

0d46a2cd80a1149a61a7ce5386a8207a.jpg

14c034e55e5ae450454347c86e446759.jpg

Thanks, all! : ) I'm pleased that this is able to flower here.

That's better than "just a regular Neo" -- it's very nice!

It seems there's so much variation with seed grown 'Amami Island' cultivars (this is one of these), but this one does stay compact, which I like a lot. Glad you think it's nice, thanks!

This is more than just a regular one.
Smaller plant, so it's definitely not the typical form.
I love the overall presentation!

Sometimes, very unique variations arise among seed propagated plants of a "typical" form, although it is rare. Hence, the price!

I was looking at a particular neo of such case, and the seller was asking for $1,000 per growth!

Thanks, all! I think I finally understand the obsession over this species which has such a long history. There's much to be appreciated that's difficult to quantify.

You have a unique plant! No one else has this plant. I think I see that it already has three growths? As your plant continues to add more fans, and those fans bloom, you might consider self pollinating one fan with the other?

It would be interesting to see if the seedlings this produces appear as this mother plant. If you do that with at least two more generations, and each generation bears the original plant's characteristics, you have created a whole new cultivar!

Congratulations!

Latest posts

Back