jungle photos

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its cool that so many things were in bloom. Looks like a great trip. Thanks for sharing.:drool:

Thanks for those striking in-situ pics Pete!!!! It must have been somewhat humid over there!!!! Interesting too that a lot of leaves do not look as pretty as we try to get them in our collections :)!! Jean

It was very hot and humid over there, even coming from hawaii. seemed as though the rainy season had just begun when we were around kinabalu but every where else was pretty dry limited to only passing nite rains. it was extremely humid in some places with barely any air movement at all. Unless you are way up in a tree or on a nice ridge/outcropping theres like no air movement over there in the deep jungle. temps were easily close to high 90's with humidity to match some days in mulu areas.

rick- malay food is what it is. i loved it but i love asian food. and as with any food the quality of the ingredients can totally make or break even the simplest of meals. most meals are nasi (rice) with fish or chicken or egg or veggies. pretty small portions but good. didnt eat western food for weeks!

jean-it is certainly the rarity to see perfectly cultured plants in-situ. no pesticides. nobody to look after them and spend time and money on them. they are all on their own! survival of the fittest! haha.
na we saw some large colonies of Bulbophyllum and some other Eria that were very clean and robust.

Here is a pic of me in a large grove of Nepenthes villosa.
Nep.jpg

Wow! I particularly am intrigued by that red mushroom! Anyone know what it is in terms of taxonomy?

Just fab!!!

The first Nep. photo held my attention the longest. Facinated by the tiny daggers on rim of orafice.
But the last is my favorite. Love those type of shots.
Great trip!:clap:

Latest posts

Back